WBSCST Patent and G.I. Activities
Patent Information Centre
Intellectual Property (IP) protection plays key role in gaining advantageous position in the competitive technological game for economic growth, setting up of a Patent Information Centre (PIC) under WBSCST was conceived as one of its thrust area activities.
In pursuance of such decision, the Patent Information Cell, the first of its kind in India, was set up in collaboration with Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), DST – Govt. of India. Patent Information Centre started functioning since September, 1997 and designated as Category I PIC among 20 PICs all over India. The basic objectives of this Centre are as follows:
- To create awareness on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and especially on Patents in the neighborhood region of this Centre.
- Enable Patent Searches for the University, Research Institutes, Govt. Department & Industry houses.
- Guiding inventors in patenting their invention.
- To analyse the patent information on a regular basis & suggest new programme for Research & Development based on such information to stop reinventing the wheel and provide road map for Government Financial support for Novel research projects.
- Protecting Traditional resources of state.
- Mentoring Technology start up in handling Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights issues
Following programme organized to facilitate grass root Innovators
- Conducted a Three months training program - DOYEN– Technology and Innovation Facilitation Centre, 2016-2017 to prepare the grass root innovators to soft skill development and pitch their ideas in front of the investors.
- Participated in model exhibition at Innovation Festival 2017 at Science City on January 27-29, 2017 and exhibit technology model.
- Participated in model exhibition at Industry Academia Conclave organized by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology 27-29 March, 2017.
- Participated in model exhibition at India Innovative Initiative, 2017 organized by DST, CII and AICTE.
- One inventor whose technology is facilitated by PIC, WBSCST received INFOCOM Future Leadership Award, 2017.
- Participated in model exhibition at West Bengal State Student Science Fair, 2017 and West Bengal State Student Youth Science Fair, 2018 at Netaji Indoor Stadium.
- Participated in Jungle Utsav, 2018 held on 3rd January, 2018 at Jhargram, West Bengal.
- Participated in model exhibition at Industrial India Trade Fair at Kolkata in December 2018.
- Scientists, PIC along with two grass root Innovators participated in 3rd India International Science Festival, 2017 and 4th India International Science Festival, 2018.
- Participated in exhibition of GI registered goods and Technology on 25th West Bengal State Science Congress, 2018.
- Five Grass root Inventors registered as Start up Company.
- Facilitated one Grass root innovator who is selected fellow in New York Science Academy to visited New York with his technology.
- Facilitated two grass root innovators for funding through National Innovation Foundation
- Facilitate Technology development and marketing for five grass root innovators 2017-18.
List of Patent Facilitated for Granting by PIC-WBSCST
|Sl. N0||Name of Applicant||Title||Name of Inventor||Patent No. Granted by Indian Patent Office|
|1||Ananda Dhara||An apparatus for electricity generation||Ananda Dhara||277768|
|2||Dr. Santanu Chakraborty||A Method for soliton pulse generation using optical fibre||Santanu Chakraborty||296122|
|3||Arghya Bandyopadhyay, Saptarshi Chatterjee, Keka Sarkar||Synthesis of surfaceactivegold nano layer fabricated iron-oxidenano composite||Arghya Bandyopadhyay, Saptarshi Chatterjee, Keka Sarkar||290222|
|4||Partha Pratim Choudhury||Puffed Rice with Vitamin B||Partha Pratim Choudhury||288681|
|5||Priyabrata Sarkar||Polymer Electrode for Glutathone detection||Priyabrata Sarkar||295119|
|6||Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya||Under water water sampler||M. K. Dasgupta||203213|
|7||Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya||Under water soil sampler||M. K. Dasgupta||133/KOL/2004 dt. 19.03.2004|
|8||Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya||Under water sampler||M. K. Dasgupta||244244|
|9||Calcutta University||Disposable PSA Sensor||Priyabrata Sarkar||237553|
|10||Calcutta University||Health & Hygiene Sensor||Priyabrata Sarkar||251192|
|11||Presidency College||Arsenic Recovery from its contaminated waste by direct precipitation||Uday Chandra Ghosh, Jakhir Hossain||0090/KOL/2004 dt. 04.03.04|
|12||Bidhan Chandra KrishiViswavidyalaya||Cashew Nut Sheller||Sangram Keshari Swain, Jagdamba Prasad Gupta||227275|
|13||Prantae Solutions Private Ltd.||A smart phone enabled fluorescence based device for measuring protein microalbumin||Prantae Solutions Private Ltd.||308432|
|14||Satyakam Saha||Energy free food preserver||Satyakam Saha||309871|
|15||Shaastra Automation LLP||Auto dimmer device||Shaastra Automation LLP||298726|
|16||M.K. Sahoo, R.N. Sharan||Development of electrical energy efficient and economically viable process/method for the treatment and bio-detoxification of AZO dye contaminated wastewater||M.K. Sahoo, R.N. Sharan||302099|
Geographical Indications (G.I.)
Geographical Indication (G.I) directly protects State bio-resources and other traditional knowledge of the State to uplift the socioeconomic structure of farmer, artisans and weaver society of the State to fetch the premier value of the product for building up international market and further research. It is an indication, which is used to identify any agricultural, natural or manufactured goods originating in one area with special quality or characteristics specific or unique to the particular geographical region.
Examples: Darjeeling Tea, Joynagar Moa, Santipore Saree, Malda Fazli mango etc.
List of G.I. items of the State facilitated by PIC - WBSCST
|Sl.||Name of the Items||District||Appl. no.||Status|
|1||Bengal Dokra||Bankura, Bardhaman||563||Registered on 28.03.2018|
|2||Bengal Patachitra||Paschim Mednipur||564||Registered on 28.03.2018|
|3||Purulia Chhau Mask||Purulia||565||Registered on 28.03.2018|
|4||Wooden Mask of Kushmandi||Dakshin Dinajpur||566||Registered on 28.03.2018|
|5||Madurkathi||Paschim Mednipur,Purba Medinipur||567||Registered on 28.03.2018|
|6||Santipur Saree||Nadia||138||Registered on 04.09.2009|
|7||Dhaniakhali Saree||Hoogly||176||Registered on 06.01.2012|
|8||Baluchari Saree||Bankura||173||Registered on 06.01.2012|
|9||Khirsapati (Himsagar) Mango||Malda||112||Registered on 09.09.2008
|10||Fazli Mango||Malda||113||Registered on 09.09.2008
|11||LaxmanBhog Mango||Malda||111||Registered on 09.09.2008
Renewed on 30.09.2017
|12||Tulaipanji Rice||Uttar Dinajpur and Dakshin Dinajpur||530||Registered on 24.10.17|
|13||Gobindabhog Rice||Bardhaman, Bankura, Birbhum, Nadia, Howrah, Hoogly, Murshidabad, North 24 Parganas||531||Registered on 24.10.17|
|14||Joynagar Moa||South 24 parganas||382||Registered on 23.03.2015|
|15||Bardhaman Sitabhog||Bardhaman||525||Registered on 31.03.2017|
|16||Bardhaman Mihidana||Bardhaman||526||Registered on 31.03.2017|
|17||Banglar Rasogolla||All Bengal except Siliguri, Jalpaiguri||533||Registered on 14.11.2017|